A FAST, EFFECTIVE WAY TO STAY SAFE AND GET HELP
Most schools currently use their public address system, phone system or student runners to alert the campus of an emergency. This process is cumbersome, unreliable and slow. In the case of a gunman on campus, for instance, SmartAlert™ for Schools
can reduce - - from several minutes to just seconds - - the time it takes to lock-down a school.
CURRENT EMERGENCY PROCEDURE
1. A teacher notices a threat
2. The teacher finds a phone and calls the
3. Perhaps a student intern answers. She
runs and finds an adult to take the call
4. The adult then needs to find the
5. The principal wants to verify the threat
before locking down the school
6. The principal goes on the public address
system and calls for a lock down using a
7. Finally, someone at the school thinks to
call the police
Minutes have transpired since the perpetrator was first noticed… perhaps already going from classroom to classroom reigning terror.